My circulation coworkers

My circulation coworkers
Holiday Party-we always find reasons to get toghether and have some fun!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

40,000 Strong Jayhawks at Mass St after the Final

Wow, do I remember this night. You didn't need to be a student to enjoy the sweet victory that started the celebration. I didn't go downtown to celebrate but did watch the masses on the television. You could just feel the excitement. The next day we all stumbled in to work. Even though most of us did not get much sleep we were full of energy. This win dominated our conversations every where we went. I was in a store in Topeka a few days latter when a fellow fan spotted me in my National Championship shirt. This man and I stood and talked for a long time about our love of the game and the team. We both agreed that the "real" game had been between KU and North Carolina and with that win we had proven ourselves as National Champions. It was just icing on the cake for us to win the final game!

photo by Kunjan Shah

No comments:

Post a Comment