My circulation coworkers

My circulation coworkers
Holiday Party-we always find reasons to get toghether and have some fun!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Webinars

Well, this is week three and the assignment is webinars. Now, I've participated in only a couple of live webinars before but this is the first time I viewed an archived session. The possibilities of what webinars have to offer is wonderful and it's so hard to choose which one to view first. How else can you participate in something and never have to travel. In this economy you really can't choose a better way to expand ones horizons. I chose 25 Technologies to Watch and How by Stephen Abram and it was originally done on 1-31-08. The title was a little misleading because Mr. Abram had 30 points to touch on. I did find it interesting since it has been two years since this webinar took place and boy have things changed in those 2 years. Mr. Abram talked about the importance of technology and how we need to grow with it. Things that were discussed ranged from podcasts, facebook, websites and itunes. A couple of things mentioned that I have never heard of were Spiralfrog and Pandora. I love music and was excited to look these up. I found Pandora and can't wait to try it out. When I looked up Spiralfrog I found it had shut down on 3-20-09. It shows how fast things come and go. One of the things Mr. Abram advised was to watch kids. They can figure out things so fast. This is so true!
I will continue to participate in webinars but nothing takes the place of a real person!

2 comments:

  1. If you like Pandora you might want to check out www.grooveshark.com. It's also one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out.

    ReplyDelete